Pages

Thursday, May 21, 2015

My Pink and Sparkly Baby Shower

A few weeks ago, my insanely talented cousins, the dynamic mother-daughter duo, threw me an incredible baby shower to honor Grace.  Everything was pink and sparkly, and even more incredible than I had imagined it would be.  They spent months planning this and creating all the decorations down to the very last detail.  They wouldn’t tell me anything about it, except that it would be pink and sparkly (my kind of theme!).

On the day of the shower, I entered their house and was blown away.  I first saw the tables with beautiful centerpieces, and decadent handmade and hand decorated ombré rosette cake, and then I turned and was taken aback by an incredible pink and white backdrop with a crystal overlay.  In front of it was an ottoman for gifts, which now held my “Mommy-to-be” pin and a special pink mason jar blinged out with crystals for my drink.
Then I looked to the side of that and saw a huge diaper cake adorned with a pink tutu that was topped with a beautiful pink cursive “G”.  Next to it were dozens of mini water bottles, each wearing its own tutu.
To one side of the diaper cake and tutu water bottles was a dessert bar which included rice krispie treats dipped in white chocolate dyed pink, marshmallows dipped in pink edible crystals and adorned with tutus, and chocolate chip cookies.  Please note, all of these items and treats were handmade/hand baked by my cousins!
Then outside on their patio we had a onesie decorating station and a headband making station.  Everyone had so much fun with these activities!  The onesies were so creative and beautiful, and the headbands are equally adorable.
Once all the guests arrived, we talked, laughed, took pictures in front of the pink, white and crystal backdrop, and decorated onesies.  I think it’s safe to say that Grace has some adorable onesies to wear made with love by her aunts/cousins/friends.
Aysha, Lisa, me, Koko, Marilyn
Me and Lisa
Me and Koko, both preggo together!
Kelly, me, and Marilyn
Me and Katy
Me and my Aunt 
Me with my wonderful mother-in-law and gramma-in-law
Me and Jodi
Me and Amanda, both preggo together!
We enjoyed a delicious lunch followed by opening presents!  I can’t even begin to describe the love Grace and I felt on this day, especially with as we opened presents.  Grace was definitely showered with love from beautiful homemade gifts (blankets, hand embroidered sheets, burp cloths), to so many adorable clothes that I was constantly squealing (dresses, swim suits, socks, shoes, sunglasses, and more, all itty bitty!).  She also received a rocking horse that sings, bottles, lovies, carseats, car seat canopies, a turtle constellation night light, and so much more!!  Mommy also received a beautiful Tory Burch diaper bag :)
Handmade blanket to go with the book, Mrs. Twiggley's Tree
Mommy's brand new designer diaper bag :)
One of my favorite things about this shower is that guests were asked to bring a book instead of a card to help build Grace’s library.  We received so many wonderful books, and the inscriptions in some of them made me cry.  Sean and I have already started reading a story to Grace every night, and she absolutely loves it.  She knows her daddy’s voice and gets so excited while we read in bed.  I can’t wait until she is here and we can read to her in person {not in utero}.

I can’t even being to express my thanks and gratitude to my family and friends who came to my baby shower for Gracie.  Thank you for your never-ending love and support, and your generosity towards me and Grace.  From the bottom of my heart, thank you.
My cousins, the dynamic mother/daughter duo who threw my fabulous baby shower
And a HUGE thank you to my cousins, the dynamic mother-daughter duo, who threw this spectacular shower!!!  You ladies when above and beyond, and completely blew my mind.  Everything was absolutely perfect.  Thank you.  I love you two so much.


Previous Baby Bumpdates
If you want to see more, check our my other bumpdates below!
19 weeks / 20 weeks / 21 weeks / 22 weeks / 23 weeks /
24 weeks / 25 weeks / 26 weeks / 27 weeks / 28 weeks /
29 weeks / 30 weeks / 31 weeks / 32 weeks /




0 comments:

Post a Comment