Pages

Friday, December 12, 2014

12 Week Bumpdate!

Today I am 12 weeks, and I had my first appointment with my high-risk doctor.  I can’t even begin to explain how incredible my ultra sound was.  The equipment is MUCH more high tech than my RE’s, which made for an out-of-this-world experience!  I saw her brain, and her jaw, and the blood flowing through her body, and her little hands and fingers.  In addition, my girl is so active, has been in every ultrasound, but today she was using her legs to kick off my uterine wall and bounce up and down!  It was the most precious thing I’ve ever seen.  My sweet miracle is constantly dancing inside Mommy’s belly.  I did learn today that I have an anterior placenta, which means its on the front-side of my uterus.  This is totally normal, but it leads to a “pillow effect” which means another layer for my girl to kick through.  So instead of feeling her at ~20 weeks, I might feel her at ~22 weeks.  No big deal :)  She’s healthy and developing perfectly, and that makes me happy. 
How far along:  12 weeks!

Total weight gain/loss:  -1.4lbs

Maternity clothes:  Maternity jeans - thank god for cute designer maternity jeans from A Pea in the Pod!  They are so comfortable and super cute on!!!

Sleep:  All the time!!!  I’ve never needed so much sleep before, and now I’m sleeping like 8-10 hours a night, and napping on weekends.  It’s actually quite fantastic!!

Best moment this week:  Going for our 12 week ultra sound and seeing our girl!  First she had her legs crossed, then she started kicking and wiggling around, and then she even started clapping her hands together!  It was incredible!  She is one active girl, just like her mommy.

Cravings:  Apples, clementines, nachos

Missing anything:  Nope!

Anything making you queasy or sick:  Nothing!  I’ve had zero sickness!  Woohoo :)

Showing yet:  Yep!  I have a bump and it’s precious!  I love it!

Labor signs:  Nope.  Too early.

Belly button in or out:  In

Wedding rings on or off:  On!




0 comments:

Post a Comment