Pages

Wednesday, December 31, 2014

2014 in Review


As I sit here and reflect on 2014, I am blown away with all the occurred during these 365 days.  We definitely had our share of obstacles, mainly with the emotional and physical turmoil that comes with IVF, but we also had numerous celebrations with family and friends including weddings, pregnancy announcements  traveling the world, and more.  This year was memorable to say the least!  Here are some of the highlights from 2014:

Family
  • I’M PREGNANT!!!  Grace Patricia O'Neil due June 2015 :)
  • My husband and I celebrated our 3 year wedding anniversary!
  • Our puppies both turned 2 and our kitty turned 3
  • My brother-in-law and his wife welcomed their second son into this world on December 15th and I am one very happy Auntie!
  • One of my cousins is due any day with twin boys!!
  • Dad underwent bypass heart surgery a couple weeks ago and is healing tremendously!  He had the BEST thoracic surgeon (it was all robotics, no chest cracking necessary) and was only hospitalized for three days.  Now he’s up walking and driving again!
  • One of my cousins got married!  We celebrated for three days in traditional Pakistani style and elegance
  • One of my cousins graduated high school and is now attending UC Santa Barbara
  • Remembered my Mommy on her 2 year Angel Day in March and my Grammie on her 3 year Angel Day in January
Friends
  • My best friend is pregnant and is due three months before me!!
  • My dear friend and college roomie, Danielle, got married in March!
  • My other friend, Amanda, said her vows to her husband in September!
  • Kristin, one of my college roomies from NYC, came to CA for her first time and to visit us!
  • And too many wonderful dinners and outings with friends to count!!
Hobbies
  • Completed the Spartan Sprint, which was one of the most difficult races I’ve ever participated in (perhaps even more so than running my marathon!)  AROO!
  • Planned, organized, and participated in the Hope, Steps, and A Cure 5K and Walk in support of MDS for the third year in a row.  Team Pat Reep raised over $20,000!
  • Attended numerous Ducks hockey games!  We now have season tickets!!
  • Saw Jamestown Revival in concert at the Troubadour…twice!
  • Sean started playing ice hockey and absolutely LOVES it!!  His team won the Stanley Cup in their league!
  • Walked the nnual Thanksgiving Turkey Trot 5K with the fam (my first workout in months after finally being cleared by my Dr to walk and it felt great) 
Travel
  • March:  NYC for Danielle’s wedding!
  • April: Montana with family and friends to snowboard for my husband’s 30th “Dirty 30” birthday!
  • June:  Drove to Santa Ynez with Sean for a romantic weekend of wine tasting and fabulous dinners
  • July:  Montana with family to celebrate the 4th!  Spent the long weekend jet skiing, boating, tubing, hiking, playing our annual croquet tourney, and relaxing.
  • August-September:  Iceland!!  We traveled with my dad and his girlfriend to West and South Iceland climbing volcanoes, hiking some of the largest waterfalls in the world, exploring black sand beaches, playing with Viking horses, bathing in natural hot springs, and absorbing all that nature has to offer!
  • September:  Vegas to meet up with my college roomies to see Britney Spears’ “Piece of Me” concert at Planet Hollywood! 
Career
  • Promoted to Program Manager of our enterprise-wide CAHPS (Consumer Assessment of Healthcare Providers and Systems) Program
  • Celebrated my 5 year anniversary with Molina (a FORTUNE 500 Company) and was recognized with a service award
  • Successfully developed and implemented some challenging projects and as a result, saw our company CAHPS scores improve significantly year over year
  • Celebrated many holidays with my team that involved potlucks and games! 

The Little Things
  • Started working on Gracie’s nursery, including building the crib (thank you hubby!!)
  • Finished remodeling our home office and it's perfect!
  • Watched the entire Sons of Anarchy series in a month; it was phenomenal and up there with Breaking Bad in my opinion 
  • Began knitting again, which I haven’t done in ~12 years (baby blanket is in progress!)



What’s next for 2015??
  • Traveling to NYC, Montana, and Maine
  • Having our miracle baby!!!

2014 was quite the year, and I am more than ready to say hello to 2015.  This is the year we get to meet our little miracle baby, Grace, and that day in June can't come soon enough :)

Cheers to a marvelous 2015 filled with love, adventure, joy, and excitement!!!




0 comments:

Post a Comment