Pages

Friday, February 6, 2015

20 Week Bumpdate ~ Half Way There!!!

How far along:  20 weeks!  HALF WAY THERE!!!!

Baby is the size of a(n):  banana (in length), and weighs 11 ounces!

Total weight gain/loss:  + 3.6 lbs

Maternity clothes:  Still wearing my flowy tops and dresses, with the addition of maternity jeans :)

Sleep:  I finally figured out how to sleep comfortably with the Snoogle.  For me, it’s much better against my back than my stomach.  I’m now sleeping well, but still having very vivid and bizarre dreams.

Best moment this week:  Our 20 week anatomy scan!!  Sean and I went together and it was incredible!  They measured her head, her brain, her heart, her body, her arms, her legs, her hands, her feet, her spine, the alignment of her vertebrae, her bladder, and more, and everything is perfect!  She is growing right on schedule for her 6/26 due date, and she is currently weighing in at 11oz!  They also turned on the color that shows blood flow, and we saw the blood flow in the umbilical cord and her heart.  All her organs are functioning perfectly as they should.  And the final results for down syndrome, spina bifida, and other chromosomal diseases came back completely negative (which is what we anticipated with all the prior screenings).  We are very happy parents!!  Oh, and our sweet little angel was sleeping like her mommy with her hand behind her head and using her elbow as a pillow!!  Like mother like daughter :)  Here is a 3D picture our doctor took of our little miracle (the circle to the left of her face looking at the picture is her elbow):
I can't wait to kiss this sweet face <3
We also started our birthing class.  We are doing the Bradley Method, which we chose because it focuses several things that are important to us:  an all-natural birth without medication (which I DO NOT want, plus I can’t have an epidural even if I wanted one in the heat of the moment); relaxation techniques including music therapy, massage, and positioning; and the critical role of the husband as a main participant in the birth.  Sean will be “coaching” me with relaxation methods we learn together to ensure I am as calm and relaxed as possible throughout the entire labor and birth.  Additionally, my mother-in-law is a music therapist and a doula, and she is my doula!!  I am so excited because she is such a wonderful woman, and an incredibly talented music therapist.  She is very familiar with the Bradley Method and with her expertise on top of Bradley, I feel confident and comfortable, and quite frankly EXCITED to labor and give birth.  Bring it on!!!

Baby Movement:  Flutters!!  More and more flutters in my belly!  Because I have an anterior placenta (placenta on the front side), it creates a pillow effect, which means she has another layer to kick through.  So it may take me a week or two longer to feel the stronger movements than on average.

Cravings:  Ice water (which I usually never drink; I prefer room temp) and apples!

Missing anything:  It’s not pregnancy related, but laying out at the beach.  The weather has been so nice, and if it persists, I will need to do this soon :)

Pregnancy symptoms:  Peeing what seems like every 10 minutes!

Showing yet:  Yes!!  Baby Gracie had a growth spurt this week and is making mommy’s belly pop!!

Labor signs:  Nope.

Belly button in or out:  It’s now an outtie!!

Wedding rings on or off:  On!

Looking forward to:  Feeling her movements more pronounced.


Previous Baby Bumpdates
If you want to see more, check our my other bumpdates below!




0 comments:

Post a Comment