Pages

Saturday, March 21, 2015

26 Week Bumpdate!

How far along:  26 weeks!

Baby is the size of a(n):  head of lettuce

Total weight gain/loss:  + 10.2 lbs

Maternity clothes:  No update here.  Still wearing my pre-preggo clothes (my shirts were either flowy or stretchy, and I love showing off my bump) with the exceptions of pants (jeans, black leggings).  I am still wearing my workout pants under my belly.

Sleep:  Lots of turning at night from left side to right side to left side to right side...

Best moment this week:  Feeling Grace's knee and what we think was her head with our hands when she was super close to the surface!!  It was so cool!

Worst moment this week:  I don't normally have this, because I have no "worst moments", but yesterday something kind of scary happened, and I want to document it for my own memory.  Two nights ago it was my Dad's birthday and we went out to dinner to celebrate.  Towards the end of dinner, I got really dizzy and light headed just sitting there, so Sean walked me to the ladies lounge where I sat for 10 minutes while it passed.  I concluded it was a sugar rush from all the desserts, since I'm not used to eating that much sugar.  But then yesterday at work it happened again while I was just sitting at my desk.  Sean told me to call the doctor, and she told me to go straight to Labor and Delivery for monitoring.  Sean met me at the hospital, and I was admitted.  They monitored Grace, and thank God she was OK!  They said she was perfect with a very strong heart, and she is as active as a 30-week baby, not a 26-week baby.  They ran some tests on me including an EKG to test my heart, a urine test, blood pressure tests (laying down, sitting, standing), and all came back normal.  They ruled it to be vasovagal, triggered after I eat when my blood is in my stomach, and since my blood pressure is already on the low side of normal (typical in pregnancy), it caused me to get light headed and dizzy.  After about 4 hours, I was discharged, and grateful my darling Grace was ok (and that I was too, but Grace is more important of course :) ).  I came home and rested all last night, and I feel fine now.  I think both times I had larger-than-usual portions of food, and so I need to make sure I am constantly eating smaller meals throughout the day (which I usually do).  Thank God we are okay though :)
Baby Movement:  The nurses said that for a 26-week baby, she moves like a 30-week!!  She's very active and looking great!!!

Cravings:  Water!  And a donut.

Missing anything:  Sleeping on my back and tummy.

Pregnancy symptoms:  Heartburn, nighttime congestion, some lower back ache.

Showing yet:  She's huge!!!  I'm all belly too...just growing forward!

Labor signs:  Nope.

Belly button in or out:  Outtie!

Wedding rings on or off:  On!

Looking forward to:  Picking up our custom crib bedding today, and then going shopping for a glider!!  NESTING MODE HAS COMMENCED!

Previous Baby Bumpdates
If you want to see more, check our my other bumpdates below!
19 weeks / 20 weeks / 21 weeks / 22 weeks / 23 weeks /
24 weeks / 25 weeks /




0 comments:

Post a Comment