Pages

Thursday, January 2, 2014

Goals for 2014

Happy New Year!!!!!

I don't like to make New Year’s Resolutions.  I believe if you want to make a change, why wait for a new year to do so?  Go ahead and make that change now.  Instead of resolutions, I like to set goals, and here are some of the goals I'm setting for myself:

1.       Decrease body fat %.
After not being able to workout for two months (and honestly, eating poorly and drinking far too much with Christmas and all the parties that go along with it), my body fat percent increased to 32%, which is HIGH.  My trainer said it's healthy to lose about 2% a month, so here are my body fat goals for the end of each month:
-Jan:  30%
-Feb:  28%
-Mar:  25%
-Apr:  23%
*Note:  I'm not setting goals on losing weight, because as I develop more muscle (see goal #3) I will gain weight since muscle weighs more than fat, but I will be losing fat.  Hence body fat % goals.

2.       Cut out alcohol until Super Bowl.
As mentioned above, with all the holiday parties, I've been drinking more than usual.  Cutting out alcohol from New Years to Super Bowl will be a nice gut and liver cleanse, and will help me reach my first goal above.  By the way, I'm not drinking on New Year’s Eve either.  I've found some delicious “mock-tail” recipes that I will be making instead.

3.       Build muscle.
Lifting weights again several times a week, focusing on different muscle groups each day during the week.  I love lifting, and seeing my muscles tone up and become defined.  Also lifting increases your metabolism and keeps it up throughout the day.

4.       Eat clean.
When I was eating clean, I felt so nourished and full of energy.  The last couple months I haven't been eating as well, and I definitely feel the lethargy and bloat more than usual.

5.       Maintain a positive attitude!!
Always always always be positive!  This is something that comes naturally to me, but sometimes it's good to remind myself of it.  Positive minds live positive lives :)  Plant the seeds of positive thinking, and positive things will happen.

Cheers to a happy and healthy 2014!!!



0 comments:

Post a Comment