Pages

Thursday, January 2, 2014

Quest Bar Review

There are so many protein bars on the market and so many of them are loaded with carbs that can cost you up to 300 calories per bar with only 10g of protein.  That’s a lot of extra calories!  Additionally, many of these bars have high soy content, vegetable glycerin, unnecessary oils, sugars, and artificial flavor enhancers like calcium caseinate, which is known to cause migraines and cognitive issues.  I don’t want any of that in my body, so I have been on the hunt for a delicious and HEALTHY protein bar that has the greatest amount of protein, least amount of calories, and no additives like I mentioned above.  Thanks to the help of my awesome trainer, I finally found it!

Quest Bars are absolutely wonderful!  They are all natural, gluten-free, and contain 20g of protein and a range of 160-210 calories depending on the the flavor.  I bought a mixed flavor box and have tried the Cookie Dough, Lemon Pie, Vanilla Almond Crunch, and Chocolate Brownie, and they are delicious!!!  They are a great grab-and-go meal, and even a delicious snack or dessert.

The other night I was craving something sweet after dinner, so I Googled Quest Bar recipes to see what I could do with one of those for a healthy dessert.  It turns out there are a bunch of recipes with Quest Bars!  I chose a very simple one:  bake a Chocolate Brownie Quest Bar in the oven at 400 degree for 2-3 minutes, then top with organic peanut butter.  It was delicious and tasted like a homemade brownie!  I only ate half, which satisfied my sweet craving perfectly.  There are so many other recipes such cookies (cut bar in pieces and bake on parchment lined baking sheet at 350 for 7 minutes); ice cream sandwiches and tons of others (check our this blog for a ton of other recipes)!  And of course, you can always eat it as-is for a scrumptious and healthy treat!

I HIGHLY recommend trying these bars!  Enjoy!


*Disclaimer:  This is a personal blog and I do not receive any compensation for this review.  This review represents my own opinion based on personal experience with Quest Bars.



0 comments:

Post a Comment