Pages

Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Happy Fat Tuesday!

Happy Fat Tuesday!!!!

Fat Tuesday refers to the "practice of the last night of eating richer, fatty foods before the ritual fasting of the Lenten season, which begins on Ash Wednesday" (Wikipedia), which is tomorrow!

Tonight I won’t be celebrating Fat Tuesday with the indulgence of “richer, fatty foods” but rather with meeting my interior designer at my fiancĂ©’s and my new house! We bought a house! Weeee!!! I’ll share more in another post down the road ;)
So what I am doing for Lent this year?

Last year I added meditation to my daily routine. In the past, I have given things up like alcohol (and during college no less!), sweets, etc. This year I am combining giving something up with adding something into my routine.

This year for Lent, I will abstain from:
1. Coffee (I usually have an espresso in the morning)
2. Chips (I don’t have a sweet tooth, but my lack of sweet tooth manifests in salt-craving form, i.e. chips!)

In addition to abstaining from both coffee and chips, I will:
• Run 3 days/week
• Cross train with my trainer 2 times/week
• Commit to at least 20 minutes a day of walking/running/cardio (even on “rest” days)
• Clean out my closet and donate clothes
• Clean out my bookshelf and donate books to the Library
• Add more vegetables to my diet (I already eat a lot, but I could eat more)
• Read a book for pleasure (this becomes a challenge with work & grad school)
• Donate $$$ to fight breast cancer
• Not shop online



Have a happy and safe Fat Tuesday, and happy Lent-ing!

<3

4 comments:

  1. Congratulations, girl, that is huge! I cannot wait to hear all about it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh you guys bought a HOME! That is SO SO SO exciting and wonderful, I couldn't be more happy for you :) I want more dets! And nice job on the lists for lent, I dig it. For me, this year I decided to refrain from every saying any negative thoughts/words/actions. I want to simplify and purify my mind, body, and spirit :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice!! I remember commenting/discussing our Lenten giveups last year too :) I gave up coffee a couple years ago...so tough!! I commend you :D Probably tougher than when I gave up alcohol oddly enough! This year I'm giving up facebook and meat (except fish). Only two days into it, but so far so good!

    Good luck OH and congrats on the house!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great job ladies! Sounds like your Lenten choices will definitely be beneficial :) And thanks for the warm wishes!

    ReplyDelete