Pages

Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Paddle Boarding + Final Wedding Gown Fitting!


This past weekend was amazing!!!  I got several kickass workouts in, including paddle boarding!  I had never been paddle boarding but always wanted to try it.  Recently my cousin bought a couple boards so we decided to go out Sunday if the rain stopped.  Alas, after Saturday’s rains, Sunday was absolutely spectacular!  Crystal clear skies, fresh air, sunshine, it was the perfect day.

I cruised over to my cousin’s house and we took the boards out!  I was a little nervous getting ON the board because it felt unstable stepping from the dock and putting my weight on this surf board-like thing in the water.  Luckily a neighbor came and helped us on our boards, so we didn’t fall in trying to get on the board…WIN!  Once we were on, it was so FUN!  We paddled all around the bay and through the canals.  It was super high tide and we had to duck going under a couple bridges!  Major leg and core workout!
It was so fun.  We just chatted about life, her kids, the holidays, and my upcoming wedding!  We had so much fun talking and laughing that it hardly felt like a workout.  But let me tell you, it’s a dang good shoulder, core, and leg workout!  My shoulders were feeling it the next day (also it didn’t help that we went AGAINST the current) :)

On the wedding front, I had my makeup trial and my final fitting over the weekend too!  My girl did my makeup perfectly, exactly what I want – classic and elegant.  And my dress….*smiles*.  I LOVE my dress.  It fits perfectly, like it was made for me.  My mom and my girls came with me to my fitting and seeing their faces made my heart melt.  How am I going to get through my wedding day without a million happy tears??  I see waterproof mascara and lots of tissues in my future.  Good thing my bridesmaid dresses have pockets ;)

How was your weekend?  Did you get some good runs/workouts in?  Did you do anything else exciting?


4 comments:

  1. Paddle boarding looks so fun! Glad you enjoyed it.

    Can't wait to see photos of your wedding and your dress!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooohh paddle boarding sounds awesome. I want to give that a go someday! I can't WAIT for you big day... i'm so excited for you!!! SOO SOON!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks girls! I will definitely post some pics when the time comes :) Thanks for all your encouragement!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Paddle boarding is one of my favorite games. Anyways, can't wait to see more of your wedding photos.

    ReplyDelete