Pages

Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Serenity


This morning I ran a good, solid, peaceful three miles.  There was a heavy cloud cover so it wasn’t too cold.  I set out just as the sun was rising (which I couldn’t see due to the cloud cover) and everything seemed so quiet and still.  All I could focus on was the steady beat of my feet hitting the pavement and the *surprisingly* calm and steady sound of my breath.  That’s right.  My breath was every so steady the entire run.  I don’t think I’ve experienced that in ages!  Towards the end of my run, the wind picked up…against me…and of course I was going up hill.  I was in my happy place though and it didn’t seem to phase me.  I cruised up the hill, wind pushing against me just focusing on my stride and breath.  Before I knew it, 3 miles were in the bag!

Don’t you just loves runs where everything is so serene and before you know it, you’re done and thinking, “Wait, that was __ miles?  Impossible.  I could run for __ more!”

Happy Wednesday!


2 comments: