Pages

Monday, June 22, 2015

The Waiting Game

At 39 weeks and 3 days, it's now a waiting game.  Everything is done:  the nursery is complete, the rocker is ready to be sat in, all her little clothes are washed and ready to be worn, the crib sheets are on the crib, the bassinet is set up in our bedroom, and diaper bags are packed and ready for our first outing {whenever that may be}.  Now all we need is our little girl to *grace* us with her arrival.

I am a planner.  I like to make lists, I like to organize things, I like to make schedules.  Don't get me wrong, I love being spontaneous, and I'm good at it, but when it comes to things like this, I plan.  I love to plan parties, I love to plan my projects at work, I love to plan my chores and to-do lists, etc.  Up until now, I've been able to plan my doctor's appointments, knowing when we are going to see her little face on the ultrasound or hear her strong heartbeat on the doppler machine, plan the classes we have taken from our Bradley Method birthing class to numerous breastfeeding classes.  Now, nothing is in my control, and the impatience is getting to me!!  My Mom always told me "patience is a virtue" and I would always respond with "it's not one of my virtues" with a laugh and smile.  The thing is, though, it's true!  I have many wonderful qualities, but patience is definitely not one of them {although, I'm sure I will learn it soon enough with a child :)}.

However, I believe this waiting game is preparing us for what lies ahead:  the unknown.  We can't anticipate anything at this point, from our daughter's arrival, to her sleeping pattern, to whether or not she's a quiet baby or a crying baby, and so forth.  We will relinquish our "control" and hand it over to this sweet little angel I'm about to give birth to...she will be the director of our lives from now on, and we can't wait!!!!! :)



0 comments:

Post a Comment