Pages

Wednesday, December 18, 2013

Always Thankful

This time of year is a time for reflection.  When I look at  my life, there is so much I am grateful for, and I count my blessings not only this time of year, but every single day of the year.  Some of the things/people I am grateful for are:

My Parents
For giving me the gift of life, and loving me to the fullest unconditionally.  I’ve always been crazy close with my parents, talking with them multiple times a day about important things and trivial things.  My Mom passed away last year, but during the 25 years we spent together we were best friends and had many many unbelievably fun times together.  She was kind, intelligent, giving, genuine, loyal, funny, beautiful, courageous, and so loving.  She was always there for me…she was my rock.  I miss her with all my heart every day.  My Daddy and I have always been close too and still are!  We have so much fun together!!  From cooking, to talking shop (we’re both Finance majors and have our MBA, and he was in the healthcare industry as I am), to traveling, to taking dance lessons together, to rockin’ out in the Vinyl Lounge at home, my Dad is one of the smartest, most fun, goofy men I know.  I love him to the moon and back!

My Hubby
My soul mate and everything bright in this world!  My husband is truly one in a billion, and I am the luckiest girl in the world to have him as my partner in life.  We have shared so many wonderful experiences together over the last seven years from the mundane of watching Walking Dead on our couch to the luxury of traveling to exotic locations abroad.  Each day is an adventure with him, and I look forward to all the future adventures life has in store for us.  I couldn’t imagine sharing this life with anyone but you my love!

My Family
Growing up, my family and I spent every Friday or Saturday at someone’s house cooking dinner, listening to music, and just hanging out.  Now that I’m older, not much has changed, and I love it.  My family is my rock, and without their love, support, comfort, and craziness, I would not be who I am today.  From our silly evenings at someone’s house to our travels together, I am so grateful for all our laughs, cries, singing, etc!  I love my family!

My Friends
My friends are true gemstones, and I know that they are there for me no matter what.  You know who you are.  Each and every one of you makes my life so much brighter, and I am so grateful for your friendship.  Some are close by, others across the country, but no matter how far apart, we always pick up right where we left off.

Our Furbabies
Our two puppies, Rugby and Juno, and our kitty Tantalum make our world so much happier.  Nothing beats coming home from a long day at work to three loving furbabies who are beyond excited to see you!  Their love is unconditional, and our love for them is unconditional.  They are our babies, and I can’t imagine life wihtout them.

My Health
Over the last couple months I learned that I carry a genetic mutation that my mom and grandmother carried, that predisposes me to MDS and/or leukemia.  I could be depressed and heartbroken and fall into a deep dark place thinking of a terrible fate, but that’s not who I am (there’s no room for negativity in my life).  Instead, I fill my life and heart with positivity!  I am grateful that I can breathe each day, that I can work out and push my body beyond it’s limits, that I can explore the world with through site, sound, smell, touch, and taste.  I am a very healthy 27 year old, and I’m going to be one very healthy 90 year old down the line!!

Our Home
We are so thankful that we have a roof over our heads and a place to call home.  We were able to buy a home two years ago, and it’s been so much fun remodeling and decorating and really making it “ours.”  This time of year is especially exciting because we have our Christmas tree (this year we bought a monster one at 11 feet!), Christmas decorations around the house, and Christmas lights outside.  It was so fun decorating for the holiday with my hubby while we listened to Christmas music :)

Travel
My parents always believed that travel provides knowledge, insight, and experience that cannot be obtained in a classroom.  Don’t get me wrong, school was always number 1 (I was always a straight A student and went on to earn my MBA), but seeing the world enlightens you in a way that is so profound and mind-opening.  I have been fortunate enough to travel all over the world including, France, Spain, Italy, England, Canada, Mexico, Costa Rica, Jamaica, and more!  We have several adventures planned for 2014 including Iceland!!  Stay tuned!

Education
Education is embedded in who I am.  My parents gave me the gift of education, for which I will be eternally grateful.  I was always an over-achiever (and still am), and wanted to excel in school not only to impress my parents, but to give myself a sense of gratification in knowing I absorbed and learned everything I possibly could!  I recently earned my MBA, and I continue to look for ways to expand my knowledge and grow!  As cliché as it may be, knowledge is growth and knowledge is power.  Keep on educating yourself!

Technology
I am so grateful for technology on numerous accounts.  First, I am grateful for my iPhone and the ability to communicate in real-time with my family and friends around the country.  Second, I am grateful for the internet and social media for keeping me up to date on current events and acting as a tool for sharing my own stories like I am right here on this blog.  Third, I am grateful for medical technology to help fight diseases and find cures!

Transportation
I love that I have a brand new and reliable car that not only gets me from point A to point B, but also carries our precious cargo with ample space (our pups love their car rides!).  This was my first car purchase completely on my own, and I am very proud of myself for that.

Music
What can I say other than music is so fun!  I enjoy listening to and singling along with music in my car, during my workouts, and just singing and dancing around the house!  There is music for every mood, and it’s wonderful!

My Career
I am grateful that I have a job, and more importantly that it’s a job I love.  I have been with my company for nearly 5 years now, and I love each day.  I am tasked with many challenging projects, and I enjoy every bit of it.  My team is making huge strides and I couldn’t be more proud of our accomplishments!

Be thankful for all the blessings in your life this holiday season and always!



0 comments:

Post a Comment