Pages

Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Our First Christmas! + Our Kitties :)

Christmas came and went so quickly!  We got back from our honeymoon just in time for Christmas, so it was a whirlwind!


After celebrating Christmas Eve at my parents' with my family and my in-laws, and enjoying my dad's famous Pasta and Meatballs (an old family recipe going back generations that dad has perfected over the years), waking up on Christmas morning next to my husband in OUR house with OUR tree was pure bliss.


Every year, Grammie hosted Christmas breakfast.  This year, I continued her tradition and made her baked eggs and roasted beef hash.  It was bittersweet and I missed her more than you know, but at the same time I was happy because I know that she would have been happy.  And my breakfast rocked!  She would have been very proud :)


The day before, Sean and I picked up our babies!!  Meet, Tantalum (pronounced Tant-a-loom) and Bagheera (think Jungle Book):
Tantalum (left) and Bagheera (right)

Bagheera tuckered out
Tantalum ready to play
Their Kitty Condo!!!!  80" tall!  They LOVE this!!
With getting home from our honeymoon just two days before Christmas, then picking up our kitties, we weren't able to decorate our tree until Christmas morning!  So before I started breakfast and before my parents and brother came over, Sean and I played with our boys and decorated our first Christmas tree :)  **Thank you Dad for picking up our tree, otherwise we probably wouldn't have had time to get one!



After breakfast, we went to my in-laws and spent the day with them celebrating Christmas and opening presents, and of course, watching the Lakers!  Christmas is not complete without the Lakers (although I'm very disappointed in the outcome of that game...we lost the lead and the game with 4 seconds to go, grrrr).
Later, we went over to my Aunt's house for a Christmas dinner which was wonderful.  Lots of good food, wine, company, music, and dancing!  My little cousin who is 2 1/2 years old was rocking out!!!  He sure has some moves!


I feel so blessed for everything.  December was a very special month for me and my husband with our wedding, honeymoon, kitties, and Christmas.  It was a beautiful month and a beautiful year.


So from our family to yours,



1 comments: