Pages

Thursday, August 19, 2010

Sometimes plans change!...

...All one can do is make the most of it!

With that said, I am adjusting my training plan for the next two weeks. In a nutshell, two weeks ago I bruised my left foot bone pretty badly and after my tempo run last Friday it hurt like hell (to the point where I couldn’t walk because putting pressure on it was crippling). So my Doc was worried it was a stress fracture and ordered an MRI which I had yesterday morning. I got my results today and luckily it’s not a stress fracture! WOOHOO!!

Apparently my bone is pretty badly bruised and I have some serious tendonitis there, which my Doc wants me to go to physical therapy for. PT again?! Wasn’t I just having treatment for my IT Band? Didn’t I JUST get discharged? Ugh! I feel like my body is falling apart, and I haven’t even been pushing myself.

Anyways, I don’t think I am going to do PT again, at least not yet. Instead, I am going to adjust my training plan for the next 2-3 weeks and turn my running miles into cycling miles. Using the 1:3.5 ratio, if I have a 3 mile run on the schedule I will bike 10.5 miles and if I have an 8 mile run I will bike 28 miles (yikes that seems daunting), and so forth. This will give my foot a rest from the pounding and will allow it to heal. Oh, and I’m also going to incorporate swimming to mix it up! Does anyone know a good run to swim ratio either distance or time?

So that’s what’s up. My training plan is changing for the next couple weeks, and I am going to make the most of it by biking and swimming and any other lower-impact activities anyone might suggest :)  Thanks!

xoxo

1 comments:

  1. I'm relieved to hear nothing is broken but I'm truly sorry that you banged it up that badly. ::hugs::

    Take care of yourself, girl.

    ReplyDelete