Pages

Monday, March 1, 2010

Day 1 of Boot Camp!

This morning was my first day of Boot Camp.  I signed up for it about a month ago because of all the great testimonials I've heard from friends and others who have done it.  One thing I've always said is that I want to focus on full body conditioning in addition to running, and this was a great opportunity for me to work that into my morning routine, while meeting a whole slew of inspiring and motivated women.  Not to mention it meets down the street from my house so it's very convenient.


Anyways, today was my first day.  I woke up at 4:45 to get read and was there by 5:25 ready to roll.  We started up with a short warm up run around the park then immediately went into weights, jumping jacks, lunges, push ups, and more.  There were so many women participating of all shapes and sizes and all ages, and when we were broken up into our groups of 7-10 we were able to get to know some of the women more.  Some had done it before, some were doing it for the first time like myself.  Either way, it was a great workout that flew by because 1) we NEVER STOPPED MOVING...EVER and 2) the women talked and got to know each other more which was a distraction to the clock.


This morning was a fun Boot Camp workout, and I look forward to the rest of the week!
I'm off to work now, but I think I will go for a run this evening after work :)


xoxo


0 comments:

Post a Comment