Pages

Thursday, October 1, 2009

Pink Ribbon Month!

I love October.  I love when the weather becomes cool and crisp, I love everything pumpkin, I love Halloween, and I LOVE PINK!

October is Breast Cancer Awareness Month!  This month is super important to me because my Grammie, who is my namesake and hero, had breast cancer a decade go.  She is one of the strongest women I know, and she beat it!  In 2008 I walked 40 miles for my Grammie and everyone affected by the terrible disease.

As negative as cancer is, this month is a month of celebration!  A celebration of everything pink to help raise money and awareness for the cure!  I love it!  Oprah has some cute things on her website including:

cupcakes for the cure from BangerangBakeShop, and



Riedel O's for Breast Cancer (15% of purchase goes to research!)

These are just a couple of the 26 fabulously pink items Oprah has on her site...all items can be found HERE complete with links to purchase them.  Check it out, there are some really cute things.

In addition to Breast Cancer Awareness month, my company is launching a program during the month of October called "10,000 Steps" to help promote healthy living and an active lifestyle!  I'll write about that tomorrow.

Happy PINK shopping and running!

xoxo


0 comments:

Post a Comment