Pages

Friday, September 4, 2009

Sunrise Run + Limo + Craft

Friday, September 4, 2009



Yesterday I started out my day with a 5:00am run.  My boyfriend is so amazing that he called me at 5:00am to make sure I was awake.  I was dressed and ready to go.  I can tell summer is over because it is still dark outside when I wake up.  It’s much harder to get out of bed when it’s dark outside. But once my feet hit the pavement and I take a deep breath while hearing nothing but nature sounds around me, it’s completely worth the pain of waking up.


I put on my headphones and began my short 3 mile run.  My girlfriend is a runner/racer, and she recommended an awesome running podcast called PODRUNNER.  Each podcast is about an hour long and it’s upbeat house and techno music at x beats per minute.  The podcast I was listening to is called “Sonorous.”  With 152bmp, it starts off mellow and gradually picks up in tempo pumping the listener up! My workout was fartleks (intervals) and with each running interval, I increased in distance and this podcast was perfect for that.  It really got me going strong.


Icing on the cake:  I saw the most beautiful sunrise!  It took my breath away.



 
On to a new topic…


It’s Labor Day Weekend!  I’m so excited to have a three day weekend!  My family and I are kicking off the weekend with a limo to Tom Colicchio’s restaurant, Craft, in LA.  Tonight my parents, my brother, and I are going to Craft.  The food is reviewed to be outstanding, fresh, perfectly seasoned and cooked.  It’s kind of family-style, so we will be ordering an array of different things to share. Some of the “must-haves” are the assorted mushrooms (YUM!), whipped potatoes, sirloin with marrow, roasted chicken, braised short ribs, and oysters!  My dad and I will be the only ones savoring the oysters though. That just means more for us! And it will be so much fun to take a limo.  That way we don’t have to worry about drinking and driving; we can relax and have a great night!  Craft has a raving wine list which I’m very excited about (oh yea, my family and I are huge foodies and wine lovers), and for the limo dad is making martinis! My brother will probably have his Jack and coke in lieu of martinis though.  I love hanging out with my family.  We are loud and crazy, and we’re so close.  And not only do I mean my parents and brothers, but I mean my WHOLE family—aunts, uncles, cousins, everyone! We are one fun family if I may say so myself.


Anyways, I’ll give my personal review on Craft tomorrow after my morning run. Yes, I am going to attempt a morning run to beat the heat. We’ll see how that goes haha!



0 comments:

Post a Comment