Pages

Monday, September 14, 2009

Running in the Dark

Now that summer is over, it's pitch black outside when I wake up at 5:00am.  I don't think I'm alone when I say that running in the dark can be scary.  One never knows what creepers might be lurking, or if drivers can see you in the dark.  So one must be very alert when running while it's still dark outside.

This morning I woke up at 5:00am to do 3 miles of intervals.  Well, it was still dark, and I had a scary encounter.  I was rounding a corner at mile 1 just as a pick up truck was turning in my direction.  As I turned onto the street where he was coming from, he turned on to the street where I was running, then all of a sudden he stopped!  I looked over my shoulder to see this truck idling in the middle of the road.  Then all of a sudden, his reverse lights came on!  I picked up my pace a bit while looking over my shoulder, and all I could think was "It's 5am!  Who is going to be up at this time if I go banging on someone's door?!"  So I keep running forward, and the truck starts to reverse back onto the street where he came from, the street that I am running on!  Crap!  Then all of a sudden as I'm getting worked up, the truck turns the opposite direction.  Phew!  I guess he just made a wrong turn originally, but seriously, when it's dark outside and you see that, the imagination just starts to go wild!

I finished my reming two miles with relief, and watched the moon fade into the light as the sun rose.  It was a quick but successful workout.

Oh!  So I signed up for the 2010 Avon Walk for Breast Cancer!  This will be my second time doing it (I did it in 2008) and I couldn't be more excited!  Please support me in any way you can and help me fight breast cancer.  Here is the link to my Avon page:


http://tinyurl.com/p8ye6y


xoxo

0 comments:

Post a Comment