Pages

Sunday, September 6, 2009

Craft Review

Sunday, September 6, 2009

On Friday, my family and I went to Craft in LA.  We got picked up around 6ish, and while we cruised up we enjoyed a beautiful bottle of Sauvignon Blanc.  Here is my little brother, my dad, my mom, and me:


We shockingly hit zero traffic on the way up (very strange for LA!).  We arrived at the contemporary American restaurant and I immediately fell in love with the crisp modern decor:


We started off with cocktails made table side (Dirty Martinis and Manhattans) while the waitress came over the explain the family style dining.  Dad and I ordered oysters and champagne, and after eating three each, we decided to order another round!  So we each had three more.  For dinner, we all ordered and entree and a side that was brought and served in the center of our table to share.  We ordered copper river salmon (only available three weeks out of the year, and believe me, it is the most savory salmon there is), braised short ribs (tender and to die for), flat iron steak (couldn't have been more perfectly seasoned and cooked), and an organic farm chicken (incredible).  For our sides we enjoyed whipped potatoes, sweet corn, asparagus, and assorted mushrooms, all of which were fresh and little explosions of flavor with every bite.


With our dinner, we savored a 2004 Chambolle-Musigny, 1er Cru Les Hauts-Doix, Robert Groffier.  What a treat that was!  After our delicious dinner, we enjoyed a cheese plate with two kinds of sheep's milk cheese, two goat's milk cheese, and a bleu cheese, complimented by a roasted fig dessert.  The sweet and salty combo of the cheese and figs was mind blowing.

After about three hours of deliciousness and the best conversation, we hopped back in our limo and ventured home.  A tradition we have in our family is "champagne at midnight".  To keep this tradition going on our night out, we had a bottle of rose champagne for the ride home.  Gotta love it!

I love my family more than anything.  We can be sitting on our patio listening to music and talking all night, or indulging in fine dining and spectacular wines, and it always ends up being one of the most memorable nights.  it doesn't matter where we are or what we're doing, just as long as we're together.  There is nothing like family :)

Speaking of family, here is a pic of me and my brother outside the restaurant as we arrived:


Until next time, have a fun and safe Labor Day weekend!!  I'm now headed up to Palm Desert for my girlfriend's birthday!  Palm Desert, watch out!!!

xoxo





0 comments:

Post a Comment