Pages

Friday, January 23, 2015

18 Week Bumpdate!

How far along:  18 weeks!

Baby is the size of a(n):  Bell pepper or a sweet potato!

Total weight gain/loss:  + 0 lbs (Last week I gained two pounds, but this week I was back to my norm, and the lack of weight gain concerned me.  I called my doctor and she reassured me that no weight gain is A-OK right now, as long as I’m eating, which I am…constantly.  Her reassurance made me feel better :)  Also, because I was in great shape pre-pregnancy and at a healthy weight, she said I should gain maybe 15-20 lbs during my entire pregnancy.)

Maternity clothes:  A couple really cute sweaters from A Pea in the Pod.

Sleep:  It’s OK.  I’m using my Snoogle body pillow, which is wonderful for my lower body, but I’m starting to get neck cramps from the top portion of it.  Also, I’m starting to have weird dreams.  The other night I had a bizarre dream that was a combination of Great Expectations, Harry Potter, the Salem witch trials, and Superman.

Best moment this week:  NYC!!  Hubby and I went to NYC for the long weekend to visit my old roomies, their husbands/boyfriends, and my godparents.  We had so much fun, despite the freezing cold weather (Saturday it was in the teens(!) but it was still sunny and crystal clear).  Saturday we had what I thought was going to be a casual brunch with the gang, but they surprised us with a baby shower!!  We had bottomless mimosas (OJ for me) and best burgers in town, and we laughed so much our bellies ached!  Gracie was hands down spoiled by all her aunts and uncles with very generous gifts.  Thank you!!  More detailed post on our trip to come soon!

Baby Movement:  When we were riding the subway on Saturday in NYC, I felt a strong flutter.  It was unlike anything I’ve ever felt before so I know it was our girl!  It was incredible!  It was still very soft, but definitely noticeable.  I can’t wait to start feeling her more.

Cravings:  NYC pizza!!  We  partially satisfied this craving with a giant white slice (yum) and a giant regular slice (mmm) while we were there, but I want more!

Missing anything:  Running!  I can walk, which I do every other day (3-5 miles), but I do miss running.

Pregnancy symptoms:  Slight lower back pain, frequent trips to the bathroom, and bending over is becoming more challenging for sure.

Showing yet:  Oh yea!

Labor signs:  Nope.

Belly button in or out:  It’s still technically “in” but it’s starting to pop out!!  I had to take my belly ring out.

Wedding rings on or off:  On!

Looking forward to:  Painting the nursery!!!  We have the primer, paint, and all the supplies, now we just have to do it!  Then I can really start to nest :)


Previous Baby Bumpdates
If you want to see more, check our my other bumpdates below!


0 comments:

Post a Comment