Pages

Thursday, December 24, 2015

Christmas Eve Festivities!

"'Twas the night before Christmas, when all through the house 
Not a creature was stirring, not even a mouse; 
The stockings were hung by the chimney with care, 
In hopes that St. Nicholas soon would be there; 
The children were nestled all snug in their beds; 
While visions of sugar-plums danced in their heads."

Merry Christmas Eve!  It's hard to believe that Christmas is tomorrow, and it's Gracie's 1st Christmas!  Even though she will only be 6 months on the 30th, she has more presents under the tree than anyone else :)  We definitely spoil our little girl, and I wouldn't have it any other way.

This year is a little unconventional, as my hubby and I are hosting Christmas Eve dinner tonight!  This is the big celebration in my family, and for the past 40+ years, Mom and Dad have always hosted; Dad makes his famous spaghetti and meatballs that he learned from his Italian god father many years ago.  Recently, some very exciting things have happened that gave hubby and I the opportunity to take on the family tradition and host.  My Daddy got married!!!  I absolutely love his wife, my stepmom, and I am beyond happy they found each other.  More of that in a later post though :)  Since they recently got hitched, and are moving in together and settling in, my house is the party house this year for tonight's festivities.  Dad is still cooking though (phew!).

I am so excited for tonight.  As I said, Christmas Eve is our big shindig...lots of wine, laughter, Christmas music, more laughter, and this year, BABIES!!!!!!  We have four babies in the family who will be celebrating their first Christmas Eve and Christmas this year...my Gracie, my cousin's daughter who was born 10 days after Gracie, and my other cousin's twin boys who are 6 months older than Gracie.  We cannot wait to see their little faces light up :)  And I have a super cute Christmas Eve dress for Gracie to wear :)

With that said, I am going to leave a few pictures of our happy girl here for you to enjoy:
Gracie's 1st time meeting Santa

Sweeter than a Gingerbread Latte (onesie courtesy of @perfectlysparkledd)

Head Elf (onesie courtesy of @perfectlysparkledd)

Our happy girl :)

She was absolutely fascinated by the lights

Her stocking made by her cousin...it's HUGE!!!

Always smiling

She loves her doggies and they love her

My family <3





0 comments:

Post a Comment