Pages

Wednesday, June 1, 2011

National Running Day 2011!

Happy National Running Day!!!


If you want to celebrate, lace up your shoes and head on out for a run!  Or for some more ideas, check THIS out.

I run because:
  1. It makes me happy!  I love it!
  2. I love to eat.  I enjoy good food (and wine) and running allows me to continue enjoying this.
  3. It's good for my health.  Running is good for your heart, lungs, muscles, etc.  Running is good for you.
  4. It's a great time to think.  It clears my head and I get some of my best ideas while out on a run.  Sometimes I will put together my "to-do" lists for the day/week :)  And other times I will just let my mind wander and enjoy the scenery.
  5. It gives me tons of energy.  After a morning run, I have constant energy throughout the day until I go to bed.
  6. I'm very goal-oriented, and it's fun to have a goal for running.  It can be a goal time, a goal distance, a goal race, or a goal place to run...anything really.  It's exciting to set a goal and achieve it.
  7. Two words:  Runner's High.  There's nothing like it.
  8. It makes me feel good about myself.  I love the way I feel and the way
  9. The commraderie!  Running with my friends is always a blast!  And I've met so many inspiring runners and athletes through blogging and tweeting.  It's incredible and I am so grateful for that.
  10. I run because I can.  There are so many people who can't.  To be able to is a gift, and I don't want to take that for granted.  I am thankful for my health and my ability to run.
Why do YOU run?

1 comments: