Pages

Wednesday, June 2, 2010

*Happy National Running Day!*

Happy National Running Day!
In honor of today, I was planning on running 4 miles.  It was the 4 miler I had on my plate yesterday, but due to a car accident on the way home from work, my 4 miler was postponed until today.
Well, like I said, yesterday I got into a car accident.  I was driving home from work and was stopped at a red light.  The guy behind realized it was a red light and slammed on the breaks, and stopped just short of my car.  Welp, the guy behind him was not paying attention and SLAMMED into the guy behind me who then crashed into me.  I tapped the car in front of me, but there was no damage there.  No one was hurt thank god, but I did end up spending a good portion of today at the Dr. office due to the onset of back pain.  Looks like I pulled my back, so my Doc prescribed me three meds and said tomorrow should be the worst pain but then it should get better.
Here's the kicker...I can't run for 2-3 days!!!  That didn't make me happy.  But life happens and sometimes rest is best.  So, in honor of National Running Day, I will be sitting on my bum reading my novel "Once a Runner" by John L. Parker Jr.  A girl's gotta do something running related, right?  ;)

Have fabulous runs and remember to *run happy!*

Happy National Running Day :)


1 comments:

  1. Oh...glad no one got seriously hurt. Hope your back feels better quickly!

    ReplyDelete