Pages

Tuesday, January 5, 2010

2010 Goals!

Today is the first Tuesday of the new year, and it is also the day I post my running goals for 2010!

I first started my blog in August of last year because I wanted to become a runner and by writing my goals and training updates for anyone in the world to see, I would be held more accountable and thus could not back out if I had a “bad day/workout.” My goal last year was to run. To get out there and be able to run 1-3 miles. Mission: Accomplished! In one of my first posts, I talked about my LONG-TERM goals…long-term as in within the next few or even several years. Reading that post now, heck, I’ve accomplished the first two, will accomplish the third this Saturday, and in 4 and a half weeks I will accomplish the last goal I listed on my post that day.

This brings me to my 2010 running goals:
1. Finish my first ½ marathon! (Feb 7, 2010 – Surf City here I come!)
2. Increase my running foundation/endurance
3. Incorporate strength training into my routine 2-3x per week
I also want to throw in some more 5Ks and 10Ks, which will help me with goal #2.

So there it is! My running goals for 2010! This brings me to my 2010 race schedule which I’m working on and will hopefully post in the next couple of days! Stay tuned!



1 comments:

  1. Way to go Mags! Nice set of goals - you should be ale to wipe those out pretty quickly!

    I fell pretty flat last year on the strength part of training. It was real easy to head out with my shoes on. It was a little more difficult to hit the weights! Let me know your secret to staying motivated!

    That 2010 in 2010 idea is soooooo tempting....

    ReplyDelete