Pages

Sunday, August 30, 2009

Sunday, August 30, 2009

I just got back from a beach run, and it was the most beautiful day! It's been so hot, and to run down on the water was so refreshing. There were probably about 20 sailboats out, and a few Duffy boats cruising and listening to good music. All and all it was the perfect day for a run.

I completed the final workout for week one of my training. Tomorrow I go from running 1 minute intervals to running 2 minute intervals. I'm so excited! I almost cheated today and ran for a few minutes, but I thought to myself, "Maggie, you are going to do this program right, and stick with it, even when you feel like you can do more!" And my conscience was right. I could push myself more and more and not stick to my training plan, but that would lead to injury and exhaustion. But by wanting to push harder and do more, I know I'm ready for the next step and I will be able to go further longer.

It was funny....I was running down by the ocean, and while I was running, a large hulk-like man pops out in front of me. He came out of now where (some side street), and I swear he was the hulk!...minus the green. He came trotting out, yes trotting on his tip toes, and then he would walk. Of course he was shirtless, and this was a big dude. I thought I was going to watch him turn green any minute while I was running behind him. It made my run a little more interesting.

Anyways, tomorrow I being my second week of training and I'll be sure to let you know how it goes! Wish me luck!

Peace Love RunHappy


0 comments:

Post a Comment