Pages

Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Labor Weekend Recap!

I hope everyone enjoyed their 3-day weekend as much as I did!  My 3-day weekend was filled with some much needed R&R as well as some fun events with family and friends.

Friday kicked off the holiday weekend with a Stella & Dot party at my house hosted by yours truly.  My hubby's work-partner's wife is a S&D stylist, and a while she reached out to me to host a party and I said "absolutely!"  We had so much fun trying on jewelry, drinking wine, and snacking on a bunch of yummies I made.
And our fabulous stylist surprised me with an incredible gift...for every Stella & Dot Tribute bracelet sold, 25% would go towards my marathon campaign, Imagine A Cure For MDS, for Mom and MDS!!!
Tribute Bracelet, $36 & 25% goes towards MDS
If you're interested, email me at Love2Mags {at} gmail {dot} com
Saturday night I had a wonderful dinner with my Sis.  She just got back from her honeymoon so we oogled over pictures for a good portion of the night.  It was so much fun catching up with her, talking, and laughing.  As we were leaving, we saw "our store" so we of course had to take a picture in front of it :)
Sunday I slept in until 10am!  I never sleep in past 8am, and it felt so GOOD to do so!  We then spent the day on the water cruising around in the Duffy boat before docking at my Aunt's house for a Labor Day BBQ.  The weather was perfect:  the sun was shining, there was a gentle breeze, and the water glistened like diamonds.  So many kayakers, boaters, paddle-boarders, and swimmers were out, it was great!
Monday we took our new bikes out for a spin!  So I've been eyeing this road bike, the Felt ZW95,

and Hubs has been wanting a road bike too, so this weekend, we bought our bikes!  I'm so pumped!  Naturally we had to take them out for a spin.  We rode an amazing 15 miles and stopped to meet our friends for lunch.  It was so much fun!  I do have to say, though, when there is road with barely a bike lane and cars are whizzing by you, it's a little scary!  I can't wait for our next ride!

How was your Labor Day weekend?
What did you do?


1 comments:

  1. Your hair is SO cute in that picture from the S&D night! Love the high(ish) bun. You're a babe. And congrats on the new investment of the road bike! That's so exciting!

    ReplyDelete