Pages

Friday, June 1, 2012

Weddings + Travels = Great 2nd Half of 2012!


Happy Friday!  Today is June 1, and I’m ready for a positive change for the second half of 2012.  The first half was very difficult for me and my family with the loss of my Mom, and then the loss of my furbaby, and I’m ready for some positive things to start happening.  As Mahatma Gandhi said, “Be the change you wish to see in the world.”  With that said, Sean and I have booked our first anniversary trip to somewhere incredible and we are bursting at the seams with excitement!  One {of many} things that my Mom’s passing opened by eyes to is that life is so unexpected and is so short, so if there is something you want to do then do it, or if there is somewhere you want to go then go!  Don’t make excuses.  So, for our first anniversary, Sean and I are going to Italy!!!  Why not, right?!  We’re going to Rome, Florence, and Venice!  I’ve been to Rome before, but not Florence or Venice and Sean has never been to Italy at all so we’re very excited (and Italy is #3 on my “30 before 30” list)!


And to begin a good second half of the year, there are some amazing things happening in the next couple months:
  • My dearest friend in NY is getting married next week!
  • My birthday is this month (which is bittersweet because it’s the first birthday I’ve not celebrated with Mom, but I’ve decided to make it a positive thing, and I know she will be with me in spirit)
  • I’m going to Vegas for my Sis’s bachelorette!
  • My brother-in-law is getting married to my future Sis-in-law!
  • I start training for my first triathlon!


What are your summer plans?
Do you have any big trips planned this year?


0 comments:

Post a Comment