Pages

Monday, April 16, 2012

Working Out Again + Upcoming Races!


I started working out again two weeks ago.  With everything that’s happened, I didn’t make time for the gym.  I would go on long walks around my neighborhood, but nothing like that super-sweaty-I-really-pushed-myself-I’m-going-to-be-sore-tomorrow-butt-kicking kind of workout.  So two weeks ago I hit the gym and had that kind of workout!  After 15 minutes I got really emotional and the tears just came.  I almost stopped, but I knew before I started that working out would make me vulnerable as I pushed myself, so I asked Mom for strength and I continued to push through.  An hour later I felt empowered and accomplished, and my body and mind felt so clear.  I’m back to working out 4 days a week and it’s such a stress reliever and a great outlet for my emotions.

I also went for a short run that day after the gym, and man oh man has my running endurance diminished.  After a mile I was exhausted!  Therein my goal was established:  to get back in running shape.  Yesterday I walked 4 miles at a 13:00pace (which was great, especially on the beautiful day we had here), but now it’s time to throw in some intervals and run.  I'm running the Seal Beach 5K this Saturday, something I've done the last 3 years, and I'm going to use Jeff Galloway's method and run 3 minutes walk 1 minute.  Then Sunday a bunch of my friends and family and I are doing the Color Run!  That will be a blast!  I expect us to come out looking like this:

Source:  The Color Run website

Do you prefer regular races or color/mud/zombie runs?  Or both?


2 comments:

  1. It is really fun when you are joining a race.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad to hear working out is a good release for you. I'm thinking of you all the time, girl. And that color run sounds like so much fun!! Make sure to take pictures so you can show us afterwards!

    ReplyDelete