Pages

Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Two races + Canadians + movie night all this weekend!


I’m really looking forward to this weekend!  I have two races to run, friends visiting from out of the country, and family time!

My hubs and I have two of our friends visiting and staying with us from Canada through next week, and they are so much fun.  I am taking this Friday off of work because, well, I just needed some personal time since work and school have been so busy (especially school…t-minus 8 months until I graduate from my Master’s program!!!!), and of course to hang out with our Canadians!  So on Friday we are taking them to the happiest place on earth:  DISNEYLAND!!!  I bought me and my hubs passes for Valentine’s Day and we’ve only been able to go once since then, so I’m super pumped to go.

Saturday morning I’m running the Seal Beach 5K!  I’ve run it every year for the past 3 years, making this my 4th.  It’s such a fun and family-friendly
Run, and it’s in my backyard (bonus!).  After the race we’re all going to relax in the sun and enjoy some lunch and sangria, and Saturday night is our monthly family movie night!  Every month, someone in the family hosts, and they can chose any movie they want, and the rest of us don’t know until we arrive.  Sean and I hosted the beginning of March, and for spring training we did a baseball theme!  We roasted hot dogs, had mini kegs of beer, and even an ice cream sundae bar complete with little baseball hats for bowls.  And we showed the movie Major League!  It was a blast!  The month before that, my parents hosted and they chose The Big Lebowski complete with white Russians.  Another fun one :)  This will be the first one without Mom, so it may be tough, but I know she’d want us to have a blast.  My cousin and her hubs are hosting and they won’t divulge any clues as to what the movie might be, but I know it’ll be a fun one.

Sunday morning my cousin and I are running the Color Run in Irvine!  We have neon leggings and white tees (you have to wear white tops because @ every kilometer they throw colored powder at you), and tutus.  We’re so pumped!  And with the weather forecasted to be in the 80s this weekend, after the Color Run I want to lay out on the new chaise lounges Sean and I just bought and enjoy some sun while studying.  I have SO much studying to do on Sunday (2 presentations, a 12-page research paper, a 1-page brief, not to mention finals are in 3 weeks), but at least I’ll be enjoying the sun.

Sorry for the super long post!  I’m just really excited about this long weekend and enjoying time with family and friends.  I need it.

What are your exciting/relaxing plans for this weekend?


On April 28th I walk with family and friends to raise awareness for Myelodysplastic Syndrome, the horrific and rare disease that took my Mom on March 13, 2012.  Please consider supporting us by walking withus or donating to our cause.  Thank you from the bottom of our hearts.




0 comments:

Post a Comment