Pages

Friday, November 13, 2009

"Emotions are the colors of the soul"

Ruby, vermillion, periwinkle, kiwi, magenta, sunflower, violet, and gold.  These are the colors that can be seen in a beautiful sunset, and they are the colors that can paint my emotions during my morning run yesterday.


It was one of those perfect mornings--I woke up at 5:00am after a great night's sleep, put on my Nike DriFit long sleeve and my Adidas running shorts, and stepped outside into the crisp and refreshingly cool and still dark morning.  I turned on my Garmin and after he found a satellite, I took a deep breath, smiled, and began my 2.5 miles.  I didn't bring my iPod and instead I listened to the steady sound of my feet hitting the pavement and focused on my breathing.  I felt so good and I was feeling a mix of emotions--excitement, joy, exuberance, inspiration, serenity, enlightenment, and love.
As I ran, I watched the sun rise and paint the sky a light silvery-blue that seemed to sparkle.


Emotions are the colors of the soul.  I felt full of color as I took my time running my 2.5 miles.  My workout plan was to run 1 mile, walk 1/4 mile, run 1 mile, and walk 1/4 mile for the 2.5mi total.  Those 2 miles I seemed to run with ease.  My pace was not fast...I'm not focusing on speed work but rather on building a solid foundation for running.  My splits were:
Mile 1 - 11:55 min
Mile 2 - 11.53 min
which I am happy with!

Yesterday was a great day...a soulful day.  I am so happy with my life and where I am now--I have the most supportive, loving, and fun family; my boyfriend, the love of my life and best friend, is the most amazing man I've ever met (we're soon celebrating 3 years of happiness!); I have the best friends any girl could ask for; and I love my job am learning so much.

I'm happy :)

xoxo

0 comments:

Post a Comment