Pages

Monday, April 22, 2013

5K Run & Walk for MDS This Saturday!!!


This Saturday, April 27th is the Hope Steps and A Cure 5K run followed by a 1-2 mile walk for MDS!  You may recall that I found this even last year right after my Mom passed away from MDS and we had a record-breakingturnout!  This year I am on the committee and we are hoping to surpass last year’s numbers.  Please join us this year as we run and walk to raise awareness and funds for MDS.  Go Team Pat Reep!

The course is a beautiful, flat, ocean front course along the beach path in Long Beach.  If you’re looking for a small local 5K, come to this one (great for PRing!)

To register for the 5K run, please click here.

To register for the 1-2 mile walk, please click here.

If you are unable to attend but would like to donate, please click here.

Bonus-Olympic Gold Medalist and World Cup Champion, Mia Hamm, will be attending the walk!


As you know, my Mom passed away last March from a rare bone marrow failure disease that affects less than 1% of the nation, called MDS.  Since then, I have beend oing whatever I can to raise awareness and help fund research to learn more about this rare disease and to help find a cure.  No one should have to go through what my Mommy went though.  Together let’s find a cure!  Come join us this Saturday in Shoreline Village in Long Beach!!! 



0 comments:

Post a Comment