Pages

Monday, December 31, 2012

Goodbye 2012, Cheers 2013!

This year has definitely been the most difficult year of my life so far. My mom passed away somewhat unexpectedly in March, and its a pain I can't even explain. Somehow, though, I was able to channel all my sadness, grief, anger, and confusion into raising awareness and funds for research for the Aplastic Anemia and Myelodysplastic Syndrome International Foundation. Within a month of my mom's passing, we had raised $17,000. I still can't believe it. My fundraising efforts still continue as I fight in memory of mom and all those affected by MDS.

After my mom passed, I felt like time stood still. I can't believe it's the end of the year. But, my mom was always the most positive person I've ever known, and that positivity is something she instilled in me.

Despite the loss of my mom, a lot of positive things happened this year and I know in my heart she would be very happy and proud:

1. We raised $17K for AA&MDS International Foundation
2. My husband and I brought home two adorable puppies, a chocolate lab and a great dane...they light up our lives :)
3. I had the honor of being in two weddings: 1. one of my best friends in NYC, and 2. my brother in law and my now Sis :)
4. My brother in law and his wife are pregnant!
5. I am training for my first marathon (LA 2013) and running for MDS in memory of Mom
6. I got my first tattoo
7. I completed my first triathlon
8. I graduated from Chapman University with my Masters in business Administration (MBA)
9. My husband and I traveled to Italy for our 1st wedding anniversary and fell in love with the beautiful country
10. We spent more time with family and friends, and appreciating the little things in life.

This year has been a very trying year for my family, but with the darkness there was some light.  I am grateful for all the wonderful things that happened and are happening.  I pray for a happy and healthy 2013 with many many more happy and wonderful things to come!

Cheers to 2013!!!

1 comments:

  1. May 2013 bring health and happiness to you and your loved ones Mags. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete