Pages

Thursday, October 11, 2012

Cheerleading @ the Hermosa Tri!

This past weekend I had the fun opportunity to be a cheerleader/spectator for one of my dearest friends as she tackled the Hermosa Beach Triathlon. My friend is one of the most athletic people I know, and when you throw competition into the mix, she’s unstoppable.

A couple months ago she swam the South Bay area Pier2Pier 2 mile ocean swim where she finished first in her division. Last month she did the LB Tri (she’s the one who convinced me to do it), and she smoked it finishing in 1 hour 21 minutes and third in her division. She’s inspiring!

Needless to say, it was a blast cheering her on during all three legs of the Hermosa Tri. Koks, I am so proud of you!!! You’re a rockstar!! Love you friend!


1 comments:

  1. Magzy, YOU inspire me to push myself in these races!! To see and hear you cheering "GO KOKIEEE!!" when I got out of the ocean, after my bike to run transition & then seeing you the last leg of the run at the finish was so special!! Not only did it make me want to step it up & push a little harder, but it made me feel like the luckiest girl ever to have you and my fam supporting me...might I add, with the brightest, most creative puffy ball Koko sign EVER!

    I will be there for every race I can make it to of yours next yr as you raise awareness for MDS & make your mommy proud! I love you & thank you for always supporting me!!

    ReplyDelete