Pages

Friday, January 11, 2013

VO2 Max Test This Weekend!

I am so excited! This Sunday I have my first VO2 max test!! This is a test that measures the maximum capacity of an individual’s body is to transport and use oxygen during incremental exercise.

I will be on a treadmill wearing an oxygen mask and heart rate monitor. I will start walking and gradually increase to an all-out sprint until I am completely gassed. The oxygen mask and heart rate monitor are linked to a computer that measures all my levels during the test. I will learn what my true aerobic heart rate is (burning fat), my lactate threshold, my anaerobic level (burning sugar instead of fat), and more.
The past few months I have been training using a simple calc to determine my target aerobic heart rate (180 minus my age). This test will tell me my true numbers. I’m so pumped!!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment