Pages

Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Breast Cancer Awareness month!!!

October is one of my favorite months because it's Breast Cancer Awareness month!!!  I am a very big supporter of this cause, and over the last few years I have personally raised close to $8,000 for the cause.  It all started with my Grammie who survived breast cancer more than a decade ago.  Over my 25 years, I have known many women to battle this terrible disease, and I try to be as active as I can to support the fight against it.


In 2008, I walked 40 miles for the cause with my dear friend Amanda.  At the time I didn't have my blog, but I later wrote a mini recap here.  We walked it again in 2010 and together raised nearly $10,000!  She is walking it again this year in New York, and she's walking for my Grammie which means the world to me.  She's very close to her goal of $3,000 and if you'd like to make ANY contribution she and I both would be forever grateful.  Amanda's donation page can be found here.  Thank you in advance for you support.


Around this time, I like to find fun items that are fabulous and help support breast cancer research!  Some of my previous posts can be found here and here.  This year I have a few more fun things to mention :)
Dogeared "Wish for a Cure" necklace - So delicate and sweet
Clarisonic Skincare Brush - I have this and it's wonderful!  I love it!
Essie Breast Cancer Awareness Nail Polish - I adore this color
Headband on Etsy - Pretty in Pink!
Pink Blender - this is just fun!  There are a TON of pink kitchen items available
with proceeds going towards breast cancer
iFitness belt - the best running accessory!!


Lucy racer top - simply cute


Oakley Sunglasses 
Please show you support this month and wear pink!  I'm wearing something pink everyday :)


Mags


0 comments:

Post a Comment